Friday, May 30, 2008

Update

I've made some progress. I'm working on the animation code primarily now. I have the underlying framework for the gameplay down. I'm trying to make the animation classes work in such a way that it would be easy to load them from an xml file. Meanwhile I have to create a specification for how the xml will work. It's coming along, but it still needs some time.

It's much more data driven this time around. Last time, I was planning to do the xml support later on down the road, but I discovered that it is too essential to be put off. I think that the game is all around more structured and stable than before. Once it's done, it should be easy enough to add content. I like to think I'll leave plenty of flexibility for my old boss to work with. By the end of the year, I won't be able to work on it anymore, so I'll have to hand it off. I have to do all the coding, but they can still add content after I'm gone. Thus, the coding is my first priority.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out another update. Thanks for reading.

clevceo

No comments: