Thursday, September 27, 2007

Getting Closer

Things are going alright. No, I still haven't contacted my team, but I will do that soon. I want to have a good portion done by the time we meet. So far the main menu is functional (though incomplete), the game is playable (you can answer questions now, but all the questions are the same), and I have a line of patrons (static stickmen sprites with varying hairdos) that walk up to the desk and walk away when they're done.

At the moment, I'm learning to incorporate XML into .NET so I can load the questions from an .xml file. After that I think I might complete the core gameplay elements, such as score, promotions, difficulty, categories, victory, and so forth.

We thought it might also be fun if you could be hired to more prestigious libraries as you climb the ranks, eventually ending in the Library of Congress or something like that.

On the side, though I haven't spoken to anyone about this, I thought it would be fun to incorporate a story into the game. For example, there might be a rival reference librarian. Maybe he could be the boss at the end of the level, disguised as a patron, asking harder questions with less time to answer. A little story might add a little element of fun to a bland game.

Suggestions please? Questions? Comment.

clevceo

No comments: