Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lone Wolf

Well, it seems I'm a one man show now. I emailed my teammate and he said he's way too busy right now to work on the game and that our third member is most likely out as well. Therefore, it all falls on me. Fortunately, I'm not too busy. Furthermore, less people == less confusion. Frankly, I'm not used to teamwork, so the breakup is welcome. Plus, all royalties go to me now. And I can now brand it as Clev.

Before we get too excited, however, we haven't completely agreed that he's out. He said he's too busy, but I don't know if he intends to find time later or what. He suggested that the game be web-based with ASP.NET instead of XNA and that I could use his server to test it, but frankly if I'm going to be the only one working on it, then I get first choice and I choose XNA. I realize that making it web-based would solve some problems we've been anticipating, but I have next to no experience with ASP.NET and I've already invested too much time into the game to drop it now.

We're going to try to meet next week to discuss it, and I hope we ultimately agree that he's out. I would love to do the project on my own. I have nothing against him. He's a good guy. But I'm just not experienced with teamwork and I can't afford to let that get in the way right now. I'll take a class on it or something later.

Anyway, I'm working on some animation helper classes now that the graphics fall on me (thank goodness). Things are looking up.

Suggestions? Questions? Comment.

clevceo

No comments: